The social class
Looking to improve your riding in a fun yet challenging environment? Looking for a social group to ride with?
Look no further. Velosophy 'Social Riders' groups cater to those who wish to make new connections while out on the road. The rides are diverse and although there's a progressive element to each package that will leave you a better, fitter rider there is also an equal emphasis on fun and courtesy where we wait for each other at the top of hill climbs and have a laugh together as we reminisce the challenges passed.
- Road specific bike with gears
- Certified 'road specific' helmet
- Clip in pedals and shoes
- Experience riding in small groups and knowledge of etiquette that goes with it (E.g. our New Riders program)
- Ability to hold a pace of 20-23kph on short rides (e.g. Stanley Park/UBC)
- Ability to cycle a minimum of 40km distance in a single ride
What To Expect:
- Diverse range of rides from flat terrain long distance to a mix of undulating hills through forested areas right up to the introduction to sections of Vancouver's local mountain routes.
- Expect to build up the stamina to comfortably ride 70km in a single bout.
- Making connections. Social rides are about just that, being social with others whether it's catching up for coffee afterwards or supporting each other on challenging hill climbs. What ever the case, you're going to meet some great people and see parts sof your city you never knew existed.